Tuesday, August 3, 2010

$12 Million Stuffed Shark



If you've ever been curious about what the high muckety mucks have shelled out millions of dollars for in regards to contemporary art... do yourself a favor and grab "The $12 Million Stuffed Shark: The Curious Economics of Contemporary Art" by Don Thompson.

It is an incredibly interesting read filled with .... Art! Money! Branding! I know, I know, I know... living artists and money don't go together..tsk, tsk, tsk, silly artist (again, the myth). Read this book and see how they do.

A review on Amazon with which I agree wholeheartedly:

I will not attempt to add to the growing number of positive reviews of this wonderful book, save to say the following: It is a thought- provoking study in how two seemingly different and disparate fields, art and finance, are closely and intimately linked.......ONE GREAT READ!!

No comments: