Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Little Moments, 20x20", acrylic on canvas
HMCraig, Happy Little Moments, acrylic on canvas

I just got a phone call from my sister. She had just left the Brain Injury Association of NY State (BIANYS) art show.  She told me that she started taking pictures of my painting, and the BIANYS volunteers talked to her. They told her that my painting, Happy Little Moments, had gotten some attention.

Apparently, it was featured on the front page of the Lifestyle section of The Times Union.
Here's a link to the photo and caption.

"A painting by H.M. Craig is seen on display in the south concourse of the Empire State Plaza in Albany, NY as part of the art show put on by The Brain Injury Association of New York State on Monday, March 22, 2010. Work by 30 artists, who have suffered a brain injury, will be on display in the south concourse. The works of art include paintings, photos and poetry. (Paul Buckowski / Times Union)"

Do you hear me smiling?

James Darcy was also featured (he's very talented, you should click the link). I tried to find more of Mr. Darcy's work online, but was unable to.

Not only did  I get to have work shown in the same venue as Alexander Calder, Helen Frankenthaler,  Robert Motherwell,  Mark Rothko, and Louise Nevelson, etc...   I got the bonus of having it in the paper. Good times.

My sister also said that she is going to volunteer for BIANYS. How cool is that? My sister will be part of a wonderful group of people (not that she needs any help being wonderful).  :)

No comments: