Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ding Dong

 
photo and flowers by my sister, Amanda

My doorbell rang today. The dogs, obeying a duty they had assigned themselves, barked frantically.

There was a box on my porch.

It was covered in sweet messages.

It was from my sister!

And what a box of sunshine it was!

She had made two silhouette paintings of my doggies! How fabulous is that? You see, my whole family is creative and talented!


 



And here are pictures of the happy doggies! You might remember that Sasha had a little bit of health trouble a few weeks ago, doggie vertigo. She is doing much better now, but still has a few problems. That doesn't stop her from loving everybody she can get to!

There was also a fabulous little bag from Madison Bags that my sister customized *just for me*.

And to top it all off, she sent a t-shirt. I can't get a good pic of the shirt, but it's something like this:



It's from the 80's movie, The Goonies, about a bunch of misfits who do battle with criminals and a pirate and end up doing well. When we were kids we watched it until the VCR tape couldn't handle it anymore. The "Never Say Die" motto really touches me. I think it's appropriate, and I have plans to wear it when I start running again.  Just as long as nobody starts calling me "Chunk" when I'm exercising, I'll be ok.


I hope your day is half as good as mine was!

No comments: